• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Florence Hits the East Coast

Back to Article
Back to Article

Florence Hits the East Coast

Nature.  Nature always wins.  But now that Hurricane Florence is done raging in the east coast of the United States, the trail that was left behind will be a danger to people.  Now that most of the trail left by the hurricane is flooded its dangers are everywhere, such as misplaced animals like alligators, deadly fish and eels.  Debris such as nails and sharp rocks will be on the floor and may cause serious injury and sometimes broken bones if they’re not cautious. Diseases will be all around, while gas, oil, and other chemicals will try to find any entrance.  For example, if you have a broken nail on your toe, that’s where it can enter. Houses will also be a danger. When the walls are wet inside, they will weaken and finally they will collapse.

When officials told people to evacuate, the same thing happens.  Highways are flooded with people, gas runs out, and any shelters nearby fill in quickly with no water and food.  If people are caught during the storm on the highway, the road may be blocked which means people that are in critical condition in ambulances die fast of no medical treatment and doctors come short. In addition, when the government says to evacuate, what happens is that people stay behind thinking they will wait out the storm, but after the storm hits, they’re praying for help.  If they somehow do get to call the police, well now they have a problem and with all the signs down, well it’s hard.

The devastation of the hurricane is as if the world flipped over streets and houses and flooded everywhere, with no sign of life.  Some places that were shelters ended up being destroyed with nothing but the frames of the buildings. Any nearby highways were packed with cars and sometimes something blocking the way such as a tree.  Food and water is also hard with the nearest stores flooded with water. Well if you get lucky, maybe the food would still have been edible. Sometimes you’re not even knowing stuff like this is going on.  Even up to today, people are still recovering so please donate money to shelters down in North Carolina and Philadelphia where people are still praying for help.

Sergio, Staff Writer

Hi! My name is Sergio and this is my first year in Journalism. I like to do stories for video games and movies but also I’m a xbox gamer who loves game...

1 Comment

One Response to “Florence Hits the East Coast”

1. Janelle on February 20th, 2019 1:17 pm

Very informational and slightly sad. This hurricane was definitely a devastating, life changing event.

*

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Battlefield 5

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Food

Very ¨Berry¨ Hard to Define

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Animal News

The Prank Calling Gecko

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Aurora Borealis, a Sight of Wonders

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Joyeux Noël – Christmas in France

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Go Go, My Eggo!

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Fresh Face on Campus – AP Cervantes

• Florence Hits the East Coast

A&E

The Fun Will Never End

• Florence Hits the East Coast

I´ll Be There For You…¨

• Florence Hits the East Coast

Florence Hits the East Coast