• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Fiction or Nonfiction?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fiction or Nonfiction?

If you could live with one book genre for the rest of your life, would it be fiction or nonfiction?   In my opinion, I believe that fiction books are better for the reason that they are magical that there are times when you are reading,  you feel that you are in the story experiencing the exact same story, but unlike nonfiction books, you don’t feel that magic. My one and only reason I don’t necessarily like nonfiction books because they talk about real people and real events. In fiction  books, people have powers or are magical. Myself and many people prefer reading fiction books because it gives them the advantage to let their imagination run wild and forget about the real world. The other small percent of kids prefer reading nonfiction books because you learn more about the world and they can help you learn something valuable.  I also believe that fiction books are fantastic because they can teach us important lessons that we can use in the real world. Another reason fiction books are great is that those books inspire many people around the world. Some people use their inspiration and use their creativity to craft their own stories. Others would rather read nonfiction books because learning about the history of people or things would help us understand the world better.  They they say nonfiction books are better because you learn all about current events and helps you understand what happens. I strongly believe that fiction books are way more whimsical, magical and fantastic. These are some strong points on why I vote for fiction books.

Nancy, Staff Writer

Hello , my name is Nancy and this is my second year in journalism.I believe that this year’s journalism class is going really great. I hope that all...