• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Filed under A&E, Now You Know, Showcase

The Fun Will Never End

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Fun Will Never End

A classic television show by the name of Adventure Time came to an end on September 3, 2018 and many of us tuned in to say goodbye. They had a great finale involving everything people were expecting and they reached all of my expectations. The show started back in 2010 and it has had a great 10 seasons over the past eight years. For those of you who have never heard about this show, well it’s about a boy who goes on adventures with his shapeshifting dog and together they often save others from harm. The protagonist Finn is the only human on the Island Of Ooo, his dog is his partner in crime but for most episodes Jake the dog is a sidekick. Over time we see Finn grow up into better person and learn valuable lessons. We have seen him lose his arm and get a replacement with powers and it is also a arm made out of grass.  (Yes, it sounds a little nuts)

Many people were heartbroken about the ending of this popular show.  Many of us had huge hopes of learning more about Princess Bubblegum and Marceline the Vampire and the revealing of their secrets. I won’t spoil much for those who haven’t watched it yet, if you haven’t, go watch it. The episode starts with us being introduced to two new characters, Shermy and Beth, The Pup Princess. They are two characters with similar character traits to Finn and Jake. They find a metal arm that belonged to our protagonist Finn. They took it and set out to find the King of Ooo who has been there through the whole war that ended many story elements. The King of Ooo is BMO, Finn and Jake’s best friend; he’s a little green game console.

He tells them about the the Gum War and who Finn and Jake were; they start with them preparing for the war. They end up being spied on and start the war early, before the war starts Finn interrupts and tries talking both Princess Bubblegum and Prince Gumball out of the war and encourages them to make a truce. They both deny it so Jake throws a special potion that knocks them out for a while and puts them all in the same dream. Bubblegum and Gumball go on to fight. Finn fights his doppleganger, and Jake runs around with his twin Jerome. Everybody ends up walking up to them deciding to cancel the war and make a truce. Gumball tried sneak attacking the princess, but failed as he was tripped by his own wife that knew his plan. He then vanished and the princess and Gumball’s wife make a truce.

Then a monster is forming and is taking other gum warriors and using them to become larger in size, a war starts with the monster. Everyone is trying to take down this wild beast and some failed, they still helped and damaged the monster bringing chaos to the land of Ooo. Marceline finally takes out the beast and checks on the princess who was crushed by the monster, they then reveal their love for each other but I’m not getting too into that. The whole war is over at this point, then Shermy and Beth set out to look for the tree that was planted by Finn and Jake which was Fern’s seed. They climb it and find the sword and take it on their journey, then it shows a clip of Finn and Jake talking to the music hole. The music hole then sings the end song for the last time and shows everybody they have helped and everything they have accomplished.

It has been a great adventure and a great time and I am confident that the fun will never end.  

Brandon, Staff Writer

Hi my name is Brandon, this is my second year in journalism, last year I had a small part in this class, but now I have a bigger part in my opinion. I...