• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Filed under Opinion

Always and Forever

Vampires, witches, and werewolves, oh my! All of that and so much more on the Vampire Diaries. Also on the Originals and its spin-off. Spin-off? Yes, the Originals which is a spin-off of the Vampire Diaries might be getting a spin-off! Which means the spin-off will be getting its very own spin-off. Hold on, what are all of these shows about? The Vampire Diaries does sadly not feature vampires writing in their diaries, well occasionally. The Vampire Diaries was an American supernatural drama show that had eight seasons. The show was loosely based around two brothers who are commonly known as the Salvatore brothers. Obviously, both these boys are in fact vampires and they were once turned into them by their former love. Love. A singular word since they both loved the same woman. The beautiful and wicked Katherine Pierce or aka Katerina Petrova. The show is mainly focused on the brothers and Katherine however, one of the brothers Stefan found Katherine’s doppelgänger and fell in love with her. Although, Damon stirs up more trouble because in the end he also ends up falling for her. The show isn’t just based on a love triangle like some other movies…as previously stated the show has werewolves, witches, sirens, and hybrids which are a combination of a vampire and a werewolf. Anyways, getting off topic here, once hybrid that we do know of is Klaus and Klaus is kind of like “the big bad wolf” here however, we later come to realize that like many characters on the show he’s not really evil. Klaus ended up having a one-night stand with Hayley who we known of as a female werewolf that was friends with one of the deceased characters on the Vampire Diaries. It was all fun and games until Hayley realized she was pregnant…with Klaus’s baby. The baby soon became called the “miracle baby”. Miracle? The baby is a “miracle” because Klaus is half vampire and vampires are dead and the dead can’t reproduce, so how is Hayley having a baby? Well since Klaus was turned into a vampire because of a spell and he’s not actually dead he could have children and he did. The Originals in the first season is mainly based around the miracle baby who is then born in the finale, we came to learn that the baby is a girl and her name is Hope.

All this talk of babies and family when we don’t know the family yet. Speaking of family, The Originals isn’t just a name to a show, the Originals is a family. They’re the original vampires known as the Mikaelsons, they were the first who got turned into vampires. As previously stated, the only way you can turn into a vampire is if you die with vampire blood in your system. However, one loophole is that the Mikaelsons were not turned into vampires because of the blood in their system but by a spell their mother got from a witch. She turned them into vampires after she lost one of her sons at the hands of werewolves and she decided she didn’t want to lose anymore children so she cursed them so they can live all together forever. Esther(the mother) later regretted making her family immortal. She planned many times to kill them yet in the end she was the one who died. The Mikaelsons once was consisted of seven although the show only features about three Mikaelsons since the others died. The three Mikaelsons the show stars are Rebekah, Elijah, and Niklaus aka Klaus. The Mikaelsons live in their former kingdom, New Orleans and the show is about them trying to gain back their home since its now overrun by one of their former friend turned to foe. Marcel, an old vampire who Klaus once taught and saved has taken control of their home and has turned it upside down. Spoiler alert up ahead! After all of the New Orleans and baby fiasco, the current season of the Originals which is season 4 ended. Season 4 ended with…if you haven’t seen the last few episodes then click out of this story because I’m about to tell you that the Mikaelsons were cursed to never see each other again. Never see each other again?! They can never ever see each other again because if they ever get together Hope will die. Hope Mikaelson was seen entering the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted. Which is a moment where the Vampire Diaries fans can geek over because the school was once named after Stefan Salvatore! Anyways back to the story, the upcoming season of the Originals will sadly be the last season of this show to air.

Season 5 will start off with an EIGHT year time jump. Meaning that Hope will be portrayed as a teenager. Hope will also be having a possible love interest that she will meet in her new school. Season 5 will have about 13 episodes and its first episode will air on April 20th. In the last season, the Mikaelsons were cursed to never see each other again in hopes of saving their own, however we know the Mikaelsons and that they’re family “always and forever”. Anyways enough talking about all of these vampires, werewolves, and witches; let’s talk about the female who is all of the above. Hope Mikaelson the female witch-vampire AND werewolf will possibly be having her own show on our screens very soon. Rumors of the Originals spin-off started even before the last season of the show was heard of. The show is set to be mainly focused on a much younger generation of the gifted like Hope. She will most obviously be a teenager with a possible love interest. The spin-off will be completely ignoring both previous shows before them, although, the show might feature former Vampire Diaries and Originals star. They might possibly show up however, one star that we do know of that will most definitely make it on the show will be our favorite hunter; Alaric Saltzman. He’ll probably be helping Hope out in her new school but he might not either, we don’t know. Hopefully before the last final of the Originals, the stars confirm their spin-off. Until then, if you’re pretty upset about the show ending then just remember they’re “always and forever” here with us.