• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Filed under Opinion

Next Chapter of My Life

Have you heard the expression, “Where has the time gone?” Yes? No? Maybe? That is what I’m feeling at the moment because I’m soon going to be entering the next chapter of my life (high school), and it seemed like just yesterday I was beginning my 6th grade year. The times have been going my fast that I’m nervous for what the future holds for me. I’m excited and nervous about high school, but I know that I have to enjoy myself and make the best out of the situation.

If I had to choose what my favorite year was, I would have to say 7th grade was the best school year I have experienced. Someone once told me, “7th grade is going to be the hardest year,” but in retrospect, it was an amazing year. 6th and 8th grade were okay, but they were not as good as for me to say that they were the good years. In my opinion- as of right now- my 8th grade year has been going by super slow. Last year, 8th grade teacher said that if you think 7th grade is fast, 8th grade is faster. I, however, don’t see it and I don’t think I will.

I would have to say that my 7th grade teachers were one of the- if not the reason- why I enjoyed my 7th grade year. I loved my language arts, science, art, and history teacher. I didn’t realizing it until I began my 8th grade year that I missed my 7th math honors teacher (even though his class was hard at times). I honestly thought that I was not going to miss my teachers as much as thought, but I really miss them, and mostly their classes too. If I would go back to 7th grade, I wouldn’t have taken them for granted and taken advantage of their class. I did good in their classes, but I could’ve done better. It would’ve been awesome if all my previous 7th grade teachers were to teach 8th grade. Nothing is wrong with my 8th grade teachers, it’s just my personal preference. Also, my previous teachers helped me get through a lot.

I’m definitely going to miss my memories from middle school (especially my 7th grade year, of course), and especially my teachers that helped me survive my school years. I can’t wait for the next chapter of my life and what the future looks like. Although I am nervous/excited at the same time, I know I have to move forward, and won’t let anything held me back, in order to grow as a person. I would also like to thank the people and teachers that made my 3 years worthwhile. I may not have said this before because I’m not good at expressing my emotions/feeling, but thank you!