• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Filed under News

The Migrant Caravan

The majority of us, by now, have probably heard of the migrant caravan: hundreds of men, women, and children from  different countries in Central America. In April 29, 2018, after weeks of struggle and grueling travel from El Salvador, Honduras, the migrant caravan had finally reached the border.  According to Elise Foley, a journalist from the Huffington Post, approximately 150 people have worked hard and patiently waited to seek asylum/refuge in the U.S. According to law, it is a legal form of gaining access to the U.S.

This Caravan was originally started   by Pueblos Sin Fronteras, to shine for light on the fact of the difficulties of the perplexity of migrant people. When the actual Caravan arrived at the border, National Guard Troops were already there.  When the caravan were put into effect, President Donald J. Trump framed the caravan as a dangerous threat. That is the reason the National Guards were waiting at the border. Due to the fact that the United States didn’t allow claims for sanctuary/asylum, mostly many  of the migrants with the caravan had to spend the nights on the Mexican side of the border. Yet when claims are going to be permitted, the number of recipients is going to be limited, according to U.S Customs and Border Protection.

Pueblo Sin Fronteras has stated “Our dream is to build solidarity bridges among peoples and turndown border walls imposed by greed,” which has resulted to the fact of what is really going to happen with these people. Will  they be granted passage into the United States, or will they be stabbed in the back as if they were spit under the shoes of America. All these options are valid, due to the reasoning in which they are a capability of how the Caravan is going to end up. Many can only wait and see.