• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Filed under News, Now You Know

Space Wars

In the world,  we think about the dangers and issues our world is facing; some of those include the lack of fossil fuels and global warming. However, one thing that has many people worried is the beginning of another World War- ending in destroying the planning.  We think about how, when, and where the war will be fought. Maybe with nuclear weapons or in space. This sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie, yet this isn’t a joke. Powerful countries all over the world have announced plans to militarize space.  This isn’t the first time this concept has been introduced. After World War ll, the U.S wanted to be the first who goes to space and beyond. They eventually won the race an it made it eventually led the United States and other countries to put station and satellites. Space isn’t owned or marked as a territory for anyone. Basically, space is empty with no sound or life.  It may be a good area to fight in, but it won’t be battleships, death stars, or nuclear weapons. This war will be fought digitally and here is why.

All of our data and everything we use comes from satellites. From watching television to red lights being used, satellites control everything on our daily lives. That creates a huge conflict.   Enemies can send a missile to our satellites and disable them. That could stop street lights from working, leading to streets having to be filled with traffic and no light to lead them. Also, countries can hack into the government’s files to learn a lot about  their secrets and weapons. This is a war that our country isn’t prepare for, since we rely on technology. Without the power, our weapons will be useless and enemy countries will come and invade our country.

Other countries have started developing other ways to have a defense that will be in space. China has started testing a direct ascent anti-satellite, anti ballistic missile that is capable of pulverizing satellites. The Russians have bragged about a hyper-sonic glider that can navigate earth’s atmosphere and avoid detection. Of course,   North Korea is planning their intercontinental nuclear missile. The thought of World War three is intimidating and horrible to imagine. Even if the U.S or other countries want to set up weapons and vehicles in space, that will cause millions, if not billions, of dollars to do so. Many respected scientists have dismissed the idea of a space fleet, but we never know when our lights will go off and society will collapse.