• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Filed under Now You Know, Opinion

Potrero de mi Corazon

The world is full with different cultures and I love everyone of them, including   the people. I find it amazing how people express themselves through their cultures. Personally, I am lucky to have friends of different cultures,  see it as a learning experience. I personally love my culture.

My parents are both Mexican, which makes my sisters and I mexican-americans or latinas. My parents are both from the lovely state of Zacatecas, in Mexico. I know I have written about Zacatecas before, but I have never really gotten in depth about the location. Valparaiso is the city and if you were to keep driving past Valparaiso, you’d see entrances to different ranchos along the way. On the right side of the road, you would eventually see the entrance to “Las Cruces.” That is the rancho where my dad grew up in, I do love visiting my grandparents and exploring it, even if it’s small. Anyways, if you were to continue driving you’d eventually come across “El Potrero De Gallegos.” That is the place where my mom grew up,  that is the place I’ve known as my other home. According to data, there are 341 inhabitants and it is 2,019 meters above sea level. I don’t remember the very first time I visited because I had just become a one year old. Throughout the years, my parents kept taking my sisters and I on vacations there. I’m glad they did because I grew a lot more close with my family that live there. I think it is beyond amazing how everyone that lives there is one big family because everyone knows each other. There is also people that know who I am, yet I don’t know who they are, which is a little funny. I don’t have friends there, I just tend to isolate myself from the few kids my age that live there. I love everything about that place. Obviously, I miss it all year  or when I’m not there. I always daydream about the fun parties, the music, and the rodeos. I just can’t wait until I can visit again!