• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Filed under Music, Opinion

Cheers, To The King!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cheers, To The King!

One of my all time favorite singers, Harry Edward Styles, is  a singer, songwriter, and an actor. Harry was born on February 1, 1994 in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, in the West Midlands region of England. His parents, Anne and Des, tragically got a divorce when he was only 7 years old. Harry and his older sister, Gemma,  were raised in the town of Holmes Chapel in Cheshire, by their mother, and later she  remarried an amazing man named Robin Twist.

Harry attended Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School and  during his time there, he and his three friends formed a small band called White Eskimos, where he was the lead singer. They won band competitions at their school.  On the weekends, as well as after school, Harry worked at the H. Mandeville Bakery in his town. Once he was 16 years old, he competed in the seventh season of The X Factor. He was cut before the finals, however it wasn’t a big loss for him. The judges made a surprise move and put him in a band with other competitors Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, and Liam Payne. In my opinion, they were a great fit. The band name, One Direction, was suggested by Harry.

The band had great success and made over 6 albums. Sadly, as of  March of 2015, Zayn had decided to leave the band and left fans heartbroken and confused. He had stated that he had always wanted to leave since his first year in the band. After leaving, the four still stayed as a band, toured, and produced new music. They made one more album, Made In The AM, before going on their hiatus. According to them, they decided to go on a hiatus because management was strict and stressed them out a lot. They also stated that they would be back from the hiatus in the summer of 2017, but obviously, they didn’t.

In my opinion, Harry is the one who’s had more success than the other members due to the fact that since starting his solo career, he’s come out with an album and has acted in a war film Dunkirk. He’s had a tour in 2017 and will have another tour starting in March of this year. He has many many supporters, including me, who are proud and will continue to support.