• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Filed under News, Now You Know

The Wizardly World of Gary

In this generation or world, we live in a world full of opportunities everywhere you go, whether you’re in a shady alley, to the most expensive hotel like the Grand Penthouse at The Mark, New York. Their is art everywhere including  graffiti, singing, dancing, poetry and many more fun and exciting things. Everyone enjoys these kinds of things yet more people than others. Many kinds of ignorant people would voice their opinions about how  different types of art are not good and worthless, however its only their opinion and what they think. I’m talking about a specific art that not only does everybody loves, but it can make their day with all the humor in it. This art isn’t made for all people and could be inappropriate sometimes, but don’t worry your pretty little head because there’s some corny jokes to it. Memes are the center of life to the universe and almost everything revolves around it. Thinking about it now, it might nor be true, nevertheless who can’t resist the humor of a good old-fashioned meme to show family and friends?

That considered, let’s begin from were the first meme might have come from. The word “meme” was invented by Richard Dawkins in his 1976 book, The Selfish Gene, which he wrote about how cultural information spreads. Richard Dawkins is a Ethologist which means he studies the behavior of animals in their natural habitats. He is also a evolutionary biologist and author. His first meme created was thought to be the dancing baby, since back in the 1900s things where documented on the internet. This meme consisted of an edited fake  baby dancing around in diapers and the editing back then was slightly difficult.

Nowadays, there are memes all over the internet that have increased over the years since the internet has been available to more people. There’s different types of memes; classic, dank, appropriate and the list can go on and so forth. The classic memes consist of Gene Wilder posing with his chin leaning onto his fist saying “Please tell me more, “,than of a random guy trying to keep a straight face, while question marks all over him. The dank memes consist of things more older people have thought of for older audiences and by the way,  I don’t advise to look up if your below the age of 13, but do so if you have the permission of an adult. Then the appropriate memes consist of memes that the younger audience can look up to and have a laugh, but I wouldn’t consider looking up memes at all because some above age memes can pop up.

That said whenever you’re feeling down and can’t seem to smile, all you have to do is  look up a good old meme to cheer up your day. To end this, a meme is only a joke put onto a photo or photoshopped picture, and combined it’s funnier and at the end of the day, it makes a great laugh.