• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Filed under News, Now You Know

A Hero of its Own

There’s people all over the world with many different traits some traits of theirs are good at heart. Others can have a negative effect against the world. There’s also acts of heroism that prove heroic ways. September 29, 2017 is the day something amazing in the world happened.  An Iraq combat veteran named Hinkle was on his way home from the National Guard base in Charlotte and he saw a line of smoke on a car. It was on fire and their was a woman inside that was trapped, her ankle was stuck and she couldn’t seem get out and get help. It seemed like she was a damsel in distress but luckily there was somebody to help. Hinkle saw the smoke and the fire so when he saw a lady inside,  he jumped out of the window to save her. He helped her onto the side of the rode away from the danger that was awaiting . The car was on the verge of exploding. Tensions were high and they didn’t know if the cars explosion would hurt them. Then, Hinkle was brave enough to say ¨ It’s going to have to go through me to get to you” and that is about when the car exploded. The cars debris hit Hinkles knee and hurt him badly and although it was a scary experience, he claimed he would do it again any day. The lady had to two kids and she wasn’t hurt to badly, just enough that she had to go to the hospital. She also said she probably wouldn’t be here if Hinkle, the Iraq combat veteran, hadn’t saved her from the exploding car. This is all  we need in the world: more people that would risk their life to help out the ones that need it. “ A hero is somebody who voluntarily walks into the unknown” ~ Tom Hanks. Of course any man could have done this but not all people have the courage to sacrifice their own lives so the person  can live their own, that’s what a hero is.