• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Filed under News

Serious Droughts in California

A drought is described as a natural disaster  when there is  any rain/snow or none at all. Droughts can last from weeks, to months,  to possibly years. Droughts can be very harmful for the earth. For example, droughts can cause a lot of trouble for farmers because without water it is extremely difficult for them to grow food. Droughts can be caused  humans not only affect weather, but they also affect when there are droughts. The main causes of a drought, is the Earth’s atmosphere. When the Earth is warmer, it cause more water to evaporate, such as water from land and large bodies of water. During droughts, there is a difference in the clouds, and if there is a drought the clouds affect the Earth. The clouds during a drought, affect the Earth, they affect the Earth, because when there is more water in the air, the Earth heats up unevenly. While nature itself can cause droughts, humans are also a big impact of causing droughts. Humans not only have an impact on droughts, but we can also make it worse for droughts to happen. Some of the problems that can lead to humans causing droughts to happen, is poor choices by people, such as making bad choices with the governor and businesses which can increase climate change. An example of a place that is in a very serious drought, in California. California being in a drought, is a very serious problem. It is a problem, because California grows about half of the nation’s produce. California such as many other place, have droughts, because of the many rainy and dry seasons. Additionally, not only are droughts a things to worry about, but droughts also affect humans in many ways. Some examples of how droughts affect humans, is through ecosystems and communities. It also affects us humans, because when there is a drought, plants and farms start to dry which is bad for farmers, because their crops start dying and there is not much water to water the crops. Lastly, lots of people have to start and help the planet with the changes that are happening around the world that is causing many droughts to happen.