• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

My Summer

In this girl’s opinion, summer is the time for fun. Taking trips with the family, sporting your summer wardrobe, going to beaches, getting a tan, laughing, having fun, spending time with your loved ones. That wasn’t the case for me. While, I did a ⅓ of what I mentioned, I did absolutely nothing exciting nor fun. My summer consisted of staying at home, reading, doing my honors homework, and spending much of the day sleeping or glued to my phone. See, nothing exciting. There were some days that I went to run errands with my sister, or going to her doctor/pregnancy appointments. Yes, this summer my sister was pregnant and annoying as ever, but I still helped her through her journey. If I felt like it. That was half of the time. We also spent time with each other bonding, before the baby is welcomed into this chaotic and interesting world, and we won’t have as much time to spend time with each other because she will be busy with her baby and motherhood. Anyways, it was that time of year the fair approached and my sister decided that we should combat our laziness and do something fun, before summer´s over and I returned to the “regularity” of school. We went to the fair on a Wednesday and the line was long. I forgot to mention we went on a Wednesday because the entry was a $1. Luckily, we came in time before the line went on forever. I had fun with my sister even though I sometimes complained that it was too humid. We didn’t go on any rides because a) my sister was still is pregnant, and she didn’t want to endanger the baby’s life b) the crew managed to assemble the rides in less than a day and we didn’t trust that something wouldn’t go wrong. We also didn’t want anything to happen to me. We walked, ate, enjoyed our time, and went into exhibits. There was also a funny moment in which my sister, who was almost 7 months pregnant, went into a stand that was about the miracle of life and pregnancy. The lady thought my sister was at least 4 months pregnant because in her words ¨you’re so tiny!” I know. I thought the same thing. I forgot to mention that before we actually started walking around the fair, with our permission, a woman took two pictures of us and handed us the ticket in case we wanted to buy the pictures. We did. It was pretty expensive, but worth it. Even if it hurt my sister´s wallet, we will have a permanent keepsake of me, my sister, and her future child at the fair.