• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Manchester Terrorist Attack Victims

On Monday night, a suicide bomber identified as Salman Abedi,  released a bomb which resulted in 22 dead, 23 if counting the bomber, and with many more seriously injured. The explosion happened on Monday at around 10:30 pm, after Ariana Grande had finished her concert with the last song, Dangerous Woman, for the concert, and the fans started exiting the arena.

The bomb was released in the foyer which was in between the Victoria station and it blew people off of their feet, and caused much panic. At that time, more than 240 emergency calls were placed with the first one being at 10:33 pm. Additionally, when the bomb was released, many of the attendees of the concert began screaming, and ran over chairs in order to exit the arena. Not only that, but in the foyer, multiple witnesses claimed to see bodies on the floor, and people covered in blood. Relating to that some witnesses saw nuts and bolts everywhere on the floor, and stated that the air smelled of explosives.

As for the attendees, some of the injured were seen outside while being helped by the police and paramedics and some young girls were crying and tightly hugging their parents. 22 concert goers were found dead, while at least 119 other people were injured in a way. Also, reports found that at least 64 of those 119 were treated at multiple hospitals.

The identified victims that resulted dead at the concert are:

1. Georgina Bethany Callander- 18 years old and was in her second year at Runshaw College studying health and social care.
  2. Saffie Rose Roussos- 8 year old little girl who attended the concert with her older sister.
  3. John Atkinson- 26 years old and was the third victim found dead.
  4. Megan Hurley- 15 years old and lived in Halewood, Merseyside. She attended the Ariana Grande concert with her older brother, who was seriously injured.
  5. Kelly Brewster- 32 years old who lived in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and attended the concert with her sister Claire, and niece Hollie Booth. Kelly died when she “shielded” her niece Hollie from the blast.
  6. Alison Howe- a 45 year old mom who was waiting in the foyer to pick up her daughter when the blast went off. She was from Royton, Oldham, and Alison’s stepson, Jordan Howe, confirmed her death on Facebook.
  7. Lisa Lees- a 47 year old mother that was waiting in the foyer for her daughter with Alison Howe. She was also from Royton, Oldham and her death was confirmed by Lisa’s brother, Lee Hunter.
  8. Olivia Campbell- 15 year old teen whose death was confirmed by her mother, Charlotte Campbell, on Facebook.
  9. Angelika Klis- a 40 year old Polish woman who was reported dead after a missing report was filed. She died while waiting to pick up her daughters.
  10. Marcin Klis- a 42 year old Polish man, who was Angelika’s partner. He also died while waiting to pick up his daughters.
  11. Martyn Hett- was a 29 year old man who was a PR manager. Martyn was confirmed dead by his boyfriend, Russell Hayward, on Twitter.
  12. Jane Tweddle-Taylor- Jane was a 50 year old receptionist who worked at South Shore Academy School in the town of Blackpool. She died when she accompanied her friend to pick up her friend’s daughter.
  13. Nell Jones- Nell was one of the teens killed at the attack. She was 14 years old from Goostrey, and was supposedly walking on crutches when she attended Ariana’s concert.
  14. Michelle Kiss- she was one of the people who died at the attack on the Manchester Arena. She was outside the arena, and was confirmed dead by her niece, Laura Murray, on Facebook.
  15. Sorrell Leczkowski- was a 14 year old girl who died in the hospital because of the injuries she received by the attack. Additionally, she died in the hospital with her mother and grandma by her side.                                       The many people listed above are the identified victims who are known to be dead because of the attack. In total there were 22 dead victims and many others who were seriously injured in multiple ways. Furthermore, this horrible action has been classified as a terrorist attack by government officials. This attack has caused many people a horrible pain by losing a part of their family. Pray for Manchester.