• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Washington D.Seeing the Nation’s Capital

During Spring Break, a handful of Blackstock students had the opportunity to travel to our nation’s capitol. It was an amazing opportunity and a  very memorable experience. In order to get another person’s view, I decided to interview one of the Blackstock students who went to Washington D.C. as well. The person I decided to interview was Ashlei. Below are  the questions I asked and Ashlei’s  responses:

1. Why did you want to come to Washington D.C. and the other places/states we visited?

When I interviewed Ashlei, she responded by saying that she wanted to go to Washington  D.C. and the other states because she wanted to see the famous monuments, but also because she wanted to learn more about the country’s history.

1. Did your parents agree (said yes) the first time you asked to go on the trip and without reluctance? Why or why not?

Ashlei mentioned that her parents did not give a straight answer right away. They told her there may be a possibility of allowing her to go on the trip, but that they had to consider somethings, such as the cost.

1. How did your plane ride go? How were you feeling when we were boarding, in the air, and when we were landing?

The plane ride to Washington D.C. was five hours long. For most of the group, it was our first time getting into an airplane, but Ashlei was more relaxed than the others. When we first boarding, Ashlei stated that she was feeling okay, but she still had that nervous sensation. She was calm during the ride, which went excellent and had very little turbulence. However, she broke her calm state during the landing. She mentioned to me that when we were starting to land that’s when we she started getting nervous because of the speed the plane had while going downwards.  

1.    Overall, how would you reflect your experience in Washington D.C.? How much did you enjoy the trip?

I asked Ashlei to reflect on her trip, and she was very positive about her experience. She enjoyed visiting Washington D.C. as well as the other states and wishes that everyone could have an experience like it. Additionally, Ashlei voiced that she was ecstatic and amazed on how she was able to visit and see the places in which history was made. Even though her family was not with her, she was still able to have plenty of fun and make new friends.

1. For the last question, how would you rate the trip out of 10?

For the last question, Ashlei rated the trip 10/10, because she says it’s an amazing experience. She believes everyone should go to Washington D.C. at one point in their life. In all, she said she enjoyed everything about the trip, and was glad she got the opportunity to go!

As one of the people that got to go on the trip, I agree with everything Ashlei stated. It was a wonderful experience, and the cities were absolutely beautiful, especially with all of the cherry blossom trees. If you ever have the chance to go to the Nation’s Capitol, you will be amazed at how much history you can see with your very own eyes.