• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Starry Starry Trail

Vincent Van Gogh is known to many as a huge role model to the art world and an amazing artist to numerous people. In the Netherlands, they have showed great determination to keep his name still intact in his home country.  To show his work in such a spectacular way, they have created a bike trail inspired by his most famous painting , “Starry Night”. 

The creator of the bike trail Roosegaarde said, ¨“I wanted to create a place that people will experience in a special way, the technical combined with experience, that’s what techno-poetry means to me¨. The design took eight months but the construction took 10 days. It was created with thousands of twinkling stones which has glow- in -the -dark technology and solar powered LED lights. Each stone is polished with smart coatings throughout the daytime which lights the trail at night for up to eight hours. There is also a solar panel used to charge the stones when there is minimal amount sunlight. The path is a total of 208 miles long and connects with locations like North Brabant where Van Gogh was born and raised. This path was opened in 2015 to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Vincent Van Gogh passing. If you ever get the chance to see this magnificent piece of art, I hope your eyes light up as bright as this trail. 

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Starry Starry Trail”

1. Julisa on November 15th, 2016 8:05 pm

When I clicked on this story, I was already interested in the topic for many reasons. The reasons I liked your story immediately was because not only did you pick a fascinating topic, but you also included a picture and video. While reading your story, I enjoyed how you included how the “Starry Night” was developed from an artist’s inspiration. Lastly, I was fascinated by this story and really enjoyed it because I learned about the “Starry Night” painting a while ago, and I really liked how you explained the trail and how it worked based on the materials used to make it.

[Reply]

2. Aliya on November 20th, 2016 7:27 pm

This is breathtaking. I never knew about this until I wandered onto your story. Your description is perfect.

[Reply]

3. Deegan Villanueva on November 29th, 2016 1:42 pm

What a great story! The Starry Starry Trail is now on my bucket list :).

[Reply]

4. Diego Melendrez on May 16th, 2017 2:05 pm

Vincent Van Gogh has left an gigantic impact on the community of art, with his magnificent techniques and unique ideas. He’s one of my favorite artists.

[Reply]

*

• Starry Starry Trail

• Starry Starry Trail

Roll of the Die – U.S. and North Korea

• Starry Starry Trail

Houston, We Have a Problem

• Starry Starry Trail

5 Years on Air

• Starry Starry Trail

Placing, Perfection and Potuzak – My Year in Math

• Starry Starry Trail

MSN Loses an N – So Long Neymar

• Starry Starry Trail

Rod- e – OH!

• Starry Starry Trail

Mosques Open up to Hurricane Harvey Victims

• Starry Starry Trail

The Rock’s New “Role”

• Starry Starry Trail

One Home for One Euro!?

Starry Starry Trail