• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our 2018-2019 edition. Please comment on our stories and enjoy!

Harry Comes to Philly – Muggles Welcome!

Have you ever wanted to ride the Hogwarts Express? Get sorted into your house by the Sorting Hat? Go to Hogwarts? Well now you can! In Philadelphia, for one weekend in October, there is a Harry Potter festival. Apparently in this festival, they have everything! From October 21-22, Chestnut Hill, a neighborhood in Philadelphia, will transform itself into the well-known village, Hogsmeade.

The people who do decide to go, are some very lucky people! First of all, they can put on the Sorting Hat and be sorted into one of the four houses which are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. In addition, after being sorted into your corresponding house, the Chestnut Hill College will host a Harry Potter conference, which may be very exciting for the big Harry Potter fans, since the campus looks like a modern Hogwarts castle. Additionally, you can practice a variety of spells in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. Furthermore, not only can you get sorted, practice spells, attend a “modern-day Hogwarts”, but you can also attend the “Brotherly Love Cup” which is a Quidditch match where you can cheer on your house.

In order to get to the festival, you must board the Chestnut Hill East or Chestnut Hill West Hogwarts Express trains. On board the trains, there will be Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Dumbledore look-a likes that will greet you and take you to the actual festival. In addition, as for the prices, to go to the “street fair” and the Quidditch match it is completely free. Also, as for the conference at the modern Hogwarts, it open to everyone but you have to pay $10 for a registration fee. Lastly, this festival would be perfect for all those Harry Potter fans because who wouldn’t want to experience the magical world created by J.K Rowling?

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Harry Comes to Philly – Muggles Welcome!”

1. Melocris Sabilla on November 18th, 2016 2:26 pm

I totally love this story of yours Julisa! I absolutely want to go to this place in Philadelphia, since you can ride the Hogwarts Express, plus get sorted out, which sounds extremely fun! Great story!

2. Lhayla Ceraos on November 18th, 2016 2:40 pm

THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! I would love to go here to experience every little thing that a wizard would go through. You´ŕe story was magical, and full of excitement. I loved reading it. Great job!

3. Saul on November 21st, 2016 1:42 pm

I love Harry Potter a lot! If only I was able to go to this festival. Great information about this festival really existing to read.

*

• Harry Comes to Philly – Muggles Welcome!

Battlefield 5

Food

Very ¨Berry¨ Hard to Define

Animal News

The Prank Calling Gecko

Aurora Borealis, a Sight of Wonders

Joyeux Noël – Christmas in France

Go Go, My Eggo!

Fresh Face on Campus – AP Cervantes

A&E

The Fun Will Never End

I´ll Be There For You…¨