• September 25The Panther Page is back! This is our Fall 2017 Edition! Thank you for reading - please comment at will.

Khak to School – New Uniform Option

A new addition to our uniform policy has Blackstock Panthers crazy for khakis. In order to discover exactly what they are thinking, I decided to interview a few from our eldest group of panthers, the 8th graders.  Here’s what I found out!

A friend of mine named Dasha Oropilla has told me that she is excited about the new clothing option. “My mom is going to go shopping to buy me some soon,” she explained.

The second student to be interviewed was Aliya Sabater, a fellow journalism team  member and khaki enthusiast. When I asked her how she felt about the new addition, she replied, “When I found out, I was ecstatic, because it would mean that we would look more fashionable and colorful.” During our discussion of buying the khakis, she mentioned, “A few weeks before school it was fun to shop for a different color for once.” Additionally, I asked her what her favorite way to style a day’s outfit with khakis was, to which she responded, “Well, for me, it would be with a white uniform or navy blue shirt. I do prefer tucking the shirt in, but I find it bothersome when people say I look like a preparatory school student.”

The third student I interviewed was the one and only Annika Velasquez, our school’s ASB President. During our conversation, Annika proclaimed, “I support the khaki movement.” During our interview, she discussed the fact that, although she doesn’t own any khakis, she really loves the excitement panthers are expressing toward the new clothing option. Additionally, I also received comments from anonymous panthers describing khakis as ¨cool,¨ ¨nice as a possible option,¨ and ¨a fabulous new colorful option.¨

As for how long the craze will last, I cannot say. However, one thing I am sure of is that the khaki colored addition to our school has been well received and has allowed Blackstock Panthers to style their uniforms with different options at hand. At the end of the day it is important to remember that variety is the spice of life.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Khak to School – New Uniform Option”

1. Den Earl on November 3rd, 2016 2:52 pm

I do myself love the option of changing our wardrobes and we students have the option of wearing a Khaki pants. Love it. 🙂

[Reply]

2. Aliya on November 20th, 2016 7:25 pm

It’s me! Wonderful story, it’s exciting to see other people’s perspectives on the new addition.

[Reply]

*

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

Roll of the Die – U.S. and North Korea

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

Houston, We Have a Problem

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

5 Years on Air

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

Placing, Perfection and Potuzak – My Year in Math

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

MSN Loses an N – So Long Neymar

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

Rod- e – OH!

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

Mosques Open up to Hurricane Harvey Victims

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

The Rock’s New “Role”

• Khak to School – New Uniform Option

One Home for One Euro!?

Khak to School – New Uniform Option